BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup.... From Leftovers......


One of the things I make the most at my house is oven roasted whole chicken.  It's my seven year olds absolute favorite thing to eat... and It yields lots and lots of leftover meat for me to use for the next couple of nights.  Tonight I made creamy chicken noodle soup from some of the leftovers.  I thought I would share the recipe with you since it is so easy and so yummy... especially on cold rainy days like today:



Ingredients

3 cups of cooked chicken shreadded
1 can of cream of chicken and mushroom soup
4 cans of chicken broth
1 cup of chopped onion
1 cup of sliced carrot
1 cup of chopped celery
2 stalks of green onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 tablespoon of dried parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cups of uncooked egg noodles



Directions

Put chicken, onion , carrots and celery in crock pot.  Mix together soup and broth and pour into crock pot.  Mix well.  Add green onion, garlic, and dried parsley.  Let cook on low for 3-4 hours.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Turn crock pot to high and let cook an additional hour.  Add dried egg noodles 15 to 20 minutes before serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment