BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 18, 2011

Abandon Ship....


Okay, so I know that I am suppose to be posting a review on my 16 day dinner challenge.... but here's the thing, I am abandoning that ship. I was fully ready and set to commit to making each and every dish on the list, I went to the grocery store and picked up all the ingredients. I cooked the first dish last night and even took pictures of the prep and the finished result.
Well, when the husband came home to eat it his blank expression worried me..... when I asked him what he thought he exclaimed, "it's bland...". I tried to defend the dish explaining to him that is was suppose to be a simple and healthy chicken and veggies dish. He then replied, "I didn't say it was bad, but its not good either....".
Well then I explained to him my little plan about making all of the dishes on the list, and then asked to see the list. When he read through it he looked up at me and said....."your not serious are you???" Now this frustrated me to no avail... when I asked him why this was a problem he said he didn't want to spend the next three weeks eating bland boring food. He then went on to tell me how much he likes my own cooking, and how that is one of the biggest things he looks forward to when he comes home from a hard days work. Well what was I to do? I understood what he said and decided that if my family wasn't going to want to eat it, then why make it?

That being said, I will go ahead and review the dish last night, since I did make it. I liked it very much, but I like healthy light food. It was quite simple and the taste was light, the only seasoning was with salt and pepper and lemon zest. My oldest ate it all up, my middle child shunned her nose at the beans and my husband was unimpressed. This dish would be great for someone who's family are picky eaters and like their dishes a little more on the plain or simple side. The other thing I like about this dish is it is so fast and easy that I can whip it up for me no problem, even if no one else wants any.

So that being said.... I guess I will be roasting a chicken tonight with red potatoes and steamed broccoli.... yes because these are the dishes my family likes. But I must say it is a huge compliment that in my families eyes..... my cooking is better than the recipes from Better Homes and Gardens!

No comments:

Post a Comment