- 2 1/2 pounds pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Hoagie rolls or buns
- Cut boneless pork shoulder crosswise into 1/4 inch slices. Partially freezing it will make slicing easier.
- In the slow cooker, combine sliced pork, onion, garlic, brown sugar, dry mustard, salt, pepper, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce; mix well, and cover. Cook on Low, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- OR : In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine pork, onion, garlic, brown sugar, dry mustard, salt, pepper, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until pork is tender.
- Pull pork apart with ford. Serve warm on rolls.