BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Perfect Chili Recipe.....

So here is another easy, yummy and inexpensive dinner recipe for you to try courtesy of my favorite blog oh happy day. I have made a lot of chili recipes before, but once I tried this one, I have never made any other since! It is perfect! I like to make this one in the crock pot in the morning so it is ready by dinner time. Today is cold and rainy where I am, so this just sounded perfect for tonight. I am also going to be making corn bread because you just can't have chili without corn bread. I am posting the recipe below, most of the items you will already have in your pantry, another thing I love about this recipe!



Pepper's Famous Chili

1lb. ground beef
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans with liquid
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans with liquid
1/2 c. diced onion
1/4 c. diced celery
2 med. tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp. cumin
1 T. chili powder (2 T. if you like it hot)
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. salt
1 c. water

Brown beef and drain liquid. Crumble beef and put into a large pot mix in all other ingredients. Cook over low heat stirring every 15 to 20 mins. for 2 to 3 hours. (You could also use a slow cooker.)

(picture courtesy of marthastewart.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment